Hidden away down a leafy driveway close to the heart of the Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield and founded in 1906, we are a sports & social club with a unique range of facilities to offer.
Our tennis courts and bowling green are surrounded by a well maintained garden and hedges. Our large 85 seater clubhouse hosts thriving bridge, whist and keep fit sections with a snooker table upstairs.
Goldieslie Club run a full autumn and winter programme of social events providing a rich variety of entertainment including supper. We welcome new members in all sections and look forward to a visit or enquiry via the contact numbers on this site. Complete an enquiry form on any subsequent page and we will respond.
GOLDIESLIE CLUB REOPENS
Following the necessary closure of all our facilities due to the Corvid 19 virus, we are pleased to announce that the grounds will reopen for tennis and bowls on Monday 29th March 2021 at 10.00am. The club have follwed the tennis and bowls national administration guidelines as to how we manage the two activities and the arrangements will initially be the same as were introduced last year when the lockdown was partially eased. The tennis and bowls committees will keep members informed about any further easing of restrictions and the subsequent roll out of our normal activities as and when they are safe and legally allowed to do so. The clubhouse will remain closed for now although the intention is to allow W.C. access only when all the safety measures are in place.
For anyone in the area looking for some welcome, healthy and enjoyable outside activity we can at last offer membership for tennis and bowls, so if you would like to know more about us please fill in the enquiry box on any of our website pages and we will get in touch with you. All ages welcome.
The club was founded in 1906 by J E Moorhouse, a local builder who lived in Goldieslie House on Birmingham Road. Originally a mixed tennis and men’s bowling club ladies gained bowling membership in 1947.
In 1950 the club became a Company Limited by Guarantee. A Board of Directors was appointed led by a Chairman and the role of President became non-executive.